Oracle OBIEE Review

With the analytics and inter-process communication functions, we can generate KPI and other analytical reports for the operations team.

What is most valuable?

• Data Warehouse Application Console
  • Analytics
  • Inter Process Communication

How has it helped my organization?

Several KPI reports and different analytical reports can be generated for the operations team.

I have developed datamarts from scratch using OBIEE and ODI as well for a government department in charge of agriculture and food throughout Mexico.

Additionally, it was used to generate several KPIs for a nation-wide logistics company who were distributing all the medicines for government-provided social security insurance.

What needs improvement?

• DAC
  • Siebel Analytics
  • BI Server

I've used it for four years.

There is an issue with the handling of the cache in the BI server.

There was an issue upgrading from 10g to 11g.

9/10.

9/10.

I haven't used another solution.

It was complex because the installation of the product presented some problems, and there was not much information about it. The issues were with security for the BI server and the middleware.

We did it in-house.

It is high.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Be well prepared with the product details from installation to implementation. Be sure you have a support account.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
Sr. Business Analyst at Archer Daniels Midland CompanyReal User

Thanks for the review. I just started using OBIEE. Just wondering if you have some best practice tips to share with newbies.

06 August 15
Oscar ZayasReal User

Well, My recommendations could be about reporting using Siebel Analytics. Make each report as simple as you can trying always to implement parameters in order to reduce the data retrieval making each report more dynamic. This is part or the multiple recommendations for the front end and there are several more..... I hope to continue giving you advises.

06 August 15