Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
With the analytics and inter-process communication functions, we can generate KPI and other analytical reports for the operations team.

Valuable Features:

• Data Warehouse Application Console
  • Analytics
  • Inter Process Communication

Improvements to My Organization:

Several KPI reports and different analytical reports can be generated for the operations team.

I have developed datamarts from scratch using OBIEE and ODI as well for a government department in charge of agriculture and food throughout Mexico.

Additionally, it was used to generate several KPIs for a nation-wide logistics company who were distributing all the medicines for government-provided social security insurance.

Room for Improvement:

• DAC
  • Siebel Analytics
  • BI Server

Use of Solution:

I've used it for four years.

Stability Issues:

There is an issue with the handling of the cache in the BI server.

Scalability Issues:

There was an issue upgrading from 10g to 11g.

9/10.

9/10.

Previous Solutions:

I haven't used another solution.

Initial Setup:

It was complex because the installation of the product presented some problems, and there was not much information about it. The issues were with security for the BI server and the middleware.

Implementation Team:

We did it in-house.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

It is high.

Other Solutions Considered:

No other options were evaluated.

Other Advice:

Be well prepared with the product details from installation to implementation. Be sure you have a support account.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Srbizanalyst103 avatar?1430782134

2 Comments

Srbizanalyst103 avatar?1430782134

Thanks for the review. I just started using OBIEE. Just wondering if you have some best practice tips to share with newbies.

Like (0)06 August 15
29f81baf 0210 4fcf a118 a0707b7c5e25 avatar
Oscar ZayasReal User

Well, My recommendations could be about reporting using Siebel Analytics. Make each report as simple as you can trying always to implement parameters in order to reduce the data retrieval making each report more dynamic. This is part or the multiple recommendations for the front end and there are several more..... I hope to continue giving you advises.

Like (0)06 August 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 222,746 professionals have used our research on 5,697 solutions.