Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
Our clients can view their operations from a holistic viewpoint, and we're able to track and manage their cases.

Valuable Features:

It has easy integration with Oracle DB for clients who run an Oracle Warehouse.

Improvements to My Organization:

It has given clients visibility into their operations from a holistic viewpoint. In my current project, we are using the tool to track movement of cases, managements, and clients are able to trace where their cases are and how long they have been in the different stations in the organization. This has improved on the overall performance of the organization as there is accountability.

Room for Improvement:

There is a need to improve on meta data definition, for instance we should have one Dat Dimension that allows heterogeneous definitions. At the moment, every subject area has a copy, this is repetitive effort. There is a need to easily report from different facts without having to circumvent the system's normal design.

Metadata management, more visualizations as there aren't many, i.e. heat maps. The Dashboard layout area could be enhanced to allow more intuitive designs, as the limitations of having Sections and Columns in the sort of order they can in can inhibit exciting designs. Exporting of related Physical Joins without having to go to each join to extract.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for eight years.

Stability Issues:

Yes, at one client we upgraded versions and lost functionality due to the fact that Oracle had stopped supporting Office 2007. In the newer versions, we had to go through a lot of trouble to get the functionality to work, it was a very simple thing. In the newer version, when we exported graphs it ignored the lines and the tables were merged into a single line, and you can imagine why the management were not happy with that.

5/10 - I really believe that they can improve in customer service.

6/10

Previous Solutions:

We did use something previously, and we changed as we wanted better functionality and stability.

Initial Setup:

I have not dealt with implementations a lot.

Implementation Team:

We used a mixed team. The vendor had guys that knew what they were doing, even at some point, better than the Oracle team.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Pricing of the training should be lowered to allow more new entrants into the the field. If the price is too high, mainly existing partners can afford it, and the market does not grow. The licensing is fair, but they should try and bundle the licensing cost as licensing as almost every component tends to hike the overall price.

Other Solutions Considered:

I have worked on Microstrategy a lot and the Microsoft platform. I find that Microstrategy is advanced in the Mobile and Visual display and is easy to use, but Microsoft is also easy to use but still has a lot of things they need to improve on.

Other Advice:

It's a very good platform provided you have a good strategy and a strong team around.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Hitendra kumar

1 Comment

Hitendra kumar

Agree, that out of box OBIEE does not provide as such great means for mobile platforms but you can always setup the feed from insights generated by this beast which is not possible for any other platform with vast OOTB variety to customize quickly for your needs but again you should understand it thoroughly.

Like (0)04 September 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 228,467 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.