Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review

Valuable Features

The upgrade from version 10 to 11 drastically changed the perspective of our company's users from the perspective of the data analysis they can do. It's now much easier for our developers to mash up their repositories from different data sources, create new dashboards, create graphs, and send emails via agents.

Room for Improvement

I think OBIEE is going to go away and I don't see new things to be added to it. If anything, it needs a diagnostic tool for looking at logs.

Also, Oracle needs to make WebLogic much simpler to use. With WebLogic you have a vast number of things in there. If you're not an OBIEE admin, then you don't know what you're doing. You can't have developers do the admin stuff and it needs to be a little simpler to navigate between. Also, you have an enterprise manager and then you have a console manager. Combining those two in one place would make it simpler.

Use of Solution

I don't recall for sure, but I've used it for a number of years now, from version 10 to the current version 12.

We've had no issues with deployment.

We've had issues with stability, both hiccups and large. One issue we had was difficulty with error logs. We've had to dive really deep in order to find error logs. If someone asks for them, you really have to know where to look.

We run a homogenous data set and OBIEE has been scalable.

Technical support has been nice. When we create a ticket, Oracle reps get back to us via email or phone depending on the severity of the incident. Some tickets take a while, and some don't take long at all.

The setup was challenging because we were upgrading from version 10. We had challenges with services and cores, especially with Java memory. It kept running out, particularly with the WebLogic implementation. We really didn't know where to go from there because it change the Java memory.

Other Advice

Before using it, make sure you really understand the product. It also helps to know Java. You also need to know how WebLogic works, as well as how the integration between EM and OMB works.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Anonymous avatar x30

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.