Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
The biggest organizational benefit is having data or information at your fingertips for all the different subject areas that we cover. I feel like sometimes it can be slow.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature for us is the flexibility for somebody who's not in IT to be able to create a report. They can change fields around or add or remove things, customize the information that we get.

In our company, we've got finance, HR, operations, and then CRM, which is what I represent, all using it. They're all able to use BI in a non-technical way.

Improvements to My Organization:

The biggest organizational benefit is having data or information at your fingertips for all the different subject areas that we cover. I think it makes the data readily available and easily available for the people that need it, when they need it. That's really important.

Room for Improvement:

I feel like sometimes it can be slow. It doesn't have the flexibility as some other BI tools like Tableau. There are other ones out there that have more flexibility. Its main area of weakness are the graphical aspects that it doesn't have.

Use of Solution:

We just implemented it last year.

Deployment Issues:

It took a long time to implement, over half a year.

Stability Issues:

It's a stable product. We haven't really had issues with any instability.

Scalability Issues:

We have a lot of users, I think close to 300 users in our company. QA, engineering, supply chain, and other departments use OBIEE as well.

Initial Setup:

It was complex because we had views built for discovery and we had to transfer the reports and views over to OBIEE. We had a third-party contractor that was helping us do that. It just took a long time.

Implementation Team:

We implemented with the help of a third-party contractor.

Other Solutions Considered:

Compared to Tableau, I think it's mostly useful for more tabular reports where we are just exporting transactions and things like that. Typically, we will take that information and pull it into Excel to create a chart or graph, and then throw it into a presentation. It's good for that. It's good for getting the data dumps that you need, I mean, at least for us because it replaced our discovery tool.

Other Advice:

Get help from somebody who knows what they're doing.

1 Comment

Anonymous avatar x30

One major benefit of OBIEE is our users' ability to create their own reports. This frees our developers' time to focus on major developments and less on supporting users. One issue we have with this product is implementation of Summary Adviser and Times Ten.

Like (0)20 September 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 233,932 professionals have used our research on 5,900 solutions.