Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
The most valuable feature is the data, both in the way it's presented visually with graphs and just the accessibility to that data.

Valuable Features

Obviously the most valuable feature is the data, both in the way it's presented visually with graphs and just the accessibility to that data.

Improvements to My Organization

It empowers users to perform ad hoc analyses themselves rather than having to go to IT or somewhere else. That makes it much more efficient for our users to do their jobs because they have access to data analysis in front of them instead of having to find that information elsewhere.

Room for Improvement

It would be beneficial to allow the user to further personalize their own page a little bit more instead of just being presented with data. I think the user interface still needs more fine-tuning. It needs to be easier to create user reports. People who first use it don't know where to get what they need as there are so many tabs and so many things you can do. It would be nice for it to be made more intuitive.

We've had no issues deploying it.

I would say it's pretty stable. We've had no issues with instability.

It has scaled well for our needs.

We've opened tickets and the IT side handles that. I'm more on the functional side. We send the request to IT and they open up the tickets, but the turnaround time is a little long.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup, thought I haven't heard that it was particularly difficult or complex.

Implementation Team

We implemented it with our in-house team.

Other Solutions Considered

We didn't evaluate other options because we did a pilot program ten years ago and we already had the licenses and infrastructure in place for it.

Other Advice

It's a valuable tool and it really benefits our work. The main thing is to let your users know how valuable it is so it's worth their effort to learn how to use the tool.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.