Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
People like to see the bar charts versus the numbers and they like to see a trend. It's easy for them to read and to use.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature for us is that it gives us the ability to provide our business users with daily real-time reporting on sales and inventory. This is obviously important for them to keep their finger on the pulse of what's being sold and how much of it.

Improvements to My Organization:

Having up-to-date, current data for the executives and the managers that make decisions allows them to make more accurate decisions and helps us leverage our business. It's an advantage. It allows our management teams to make the right decisions with the right data. It provides our reporting visually. Some people like to see the bar charts versus the numbers and they like to see a trend. It's easy for them to read and to use.

Room for Improvement:

It seems to be a little bit complex for an everyday user to grasp and get ahold of if they want to build their own reports. I think it takes a little bit more training for the users to get on board. It's not as intuitive as I think they would expect it to be. A lot of users like spreadsheets. I think if you give them a fancy tool, it will give them a little bit to adapt to that.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

It's been pretty stable. We've had no issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

Operationally, it's been great. It doesn't need a lot of hand-holding. We run into a space issue every now and then. ETL to get the data into the data warehouse where it's reporting off of works great, but that's just a normal part of growth, I think. I don't know that I'd even call it an issue.

Initial Setup:

OBIEE was installed with our partner. We're a hosted environment so we have an important staff there, including DBA's and staff like that, that will do our installing. I don't think we ran into any issues with getting it configured and up and running. Again, it seems to be fairly stable and we've got a pretty good DI staff that can work with it. It's probably in between straightforward and complex.

Other Advice:

Look at where you're going for your reporting. Are you getting your reports today? Are they going to grow? Are you going to add into it? What are you looking to achieve with reporting? Those are questions that I would ask, so think about them before choosing a solution.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 213,954 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.