Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
It is a stable product. We are in the process of upgrading to 12c.

Valuable Features:

Basically reporting, and we have a couple of modules which we bought. OBIEE, which is used financial procurement and reporting purposes.

Room for Improvement:

I think in the older version, 11g versus 12c, Oracle has thought through so many things. I think the installation is a lot simpler. I think they have improved a lot. If you asked about the older one, maybe I would have given you many reasons, but not with the new one.

Use of Solution:

It's close to four years now, or even more, maybe close to five years.

Stability Issues:

It is a stable product and I think we are on the latest and greatest. We are in the process of upgrading to 12c, and any product you take, it will have some issues, so it's not something we run into a lot of issues with.

Scalability Issues:

I think the amount of reporting, the amount of users that we have, I think we are pretty solid and how we scaled it I think the end user is very happy.

When you open up SR Oracle has a list of things which they ask for. Being an end customer, when we open an SR, we give as much as information as we want and again the support person comes into the picture, and without reading what we have put through, they just has the same questions over and over. What version, what product, all that kind of things, which is not at all fair.

Previous Solutions:

We used to have Interactive Reporting which is an Oracle product. Hyperion Interactive Reporting.

Other Advice:

I would say if you want to make your financial reporting simpler and easier, and you can put it towards the end user, and the way you can control the things, and show the graphical use, or ease of use, and functionality, it's very simple for the financial user or end users. I think it's very good product.

Maybe not all products are up to the speed or like any product you take, there is space to improve. I think for our company, the way we use it, we are very happy with it and the end customer is very happy with it.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 213,824 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.