Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review

Valuable Features:

The ability for users to generate analytics without developer involvement is valuable. The best feature of the Virtual C, of course, is data visualization.

Improvements to My Organization:

The self-service BI and the dashboards for high-level management have brought improvements. We develop and produce insights with these dashboards, and make management take actions according to the knowledge we find there. The dashboards are also the power users, so the analytics build themselves. They create reports about the subject area that is relevant to them.

Room for Improvement:

They could improve the connection with the ASCP base. The integration is not so good. There are a lot of bugs, hangs and freezes. If the ASCP base goes down or hangs, the OBIEE server is down, and we have to restart the VI server for the whole company.

Use of Solution:

I have used the product for 5 years.

Stability Issues:

Other than the integration with the ASCP base, there are some issues with exporting big Excel files. Oracle support says we should expect this though, because there is a limitation on the size of export files. Everything else is quite stable.

Response times are good and some of the support staff is good, but not everyone. They ask for a lot of logs that are not related to the issue and it takes time for them to understand the problem. In some cases, we beg to do a WebEx just to show them the problem so they can figure it out and proceed.

Initial Setup:

It is not that simple and requires a lot of configuration. The 12c version is supposed to be much easier.

Other Advice:

It’s a very good application, but it’s not straightforward in the traditional BI. Take Oracle’s advice in best practices and how to implement it. I would rate it an 8 out of 10.

0 Comments

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 204,145 professionals have used our research on 5,524 solutions.