Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
We use the scheduling function to generate specific reports at specific times and send them to specific mailboxes. The interface is clumsy and text based.

Valuable Features:

The scheduling function is the most valuable feature. We can schedule at specific times to generate specific reports and email them to the mailbox of the end users.

Room for Improvement:

The user interface is rather clumsy, so to speak, compared to other reporting tools on the market where you have drag and drop, drilldown and all these nice user interface features. This product is more textual based.

Use of Solution:

I used it for six years.

Stability Issues:

We have had several downtimes. I'm not in IT, so I don't know the infrastructure behind it, but we have quite a lot of downtime. That means we only realize it when the report doesn't appear in the inbox at a certain time.

Scalability Issues:

It has met my company’s scalability needs but I don’t think it will moving forward. I don’t think it is flexible enough for our future requirements.

I have no idea about Oracle technical support because we have our own internal IT support for report writing. We just ask them and they solve it.

Previous Solutions:

My company has been using it as long as I have been with the company. I think we chose it because it was part of the Oracle implementation we did.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward; I don't know if it was simple. They sent people to us and we also had an in-house team.

We have trained OBIEE users writing their own reports, and we have our internal IT department for more complex reports, and for scheduling.

ROI:

This product does not provide value for money. We have since replaced it; not in the entire company, but in my area. We created our own data mine, and do our own reporting based on that.

Other Advice:

When I’m selecting a vendor such as Oracle or IBM to work with I look at functionality, first of all, and then I look at cost. That's also a big one.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 233,024 professionals have used our research on 5,881 solutions.