Oracle OBIEE Review

Answers, the ability to create ad hoc reports for the business, is valuable. A self-service approach to gathering and integrating the data would be nice.

What is most valuable?

I think Answers, the ability to create ad hoc reports for the business, is the most valuable feature. They really like that.

How has it helped my organization?

It definitely provides benefits for analyzing data.

What needs improvement?

I think there should be a few more features like the other BI tools in the market, kind of like the self-service approach of gathering data and then integrating the information.

Stability is 9 out of 10. It's pretty stable, but once in a while, we get some issues.

I'd say there are some limitations. One of my projects is looking for graphics. There's some limitation on graph and the charting capabilities; it couldn't do a Gantt chart, for example.

Oracle support is sometimes pretty vague, and the way they analyze the issue or try to troubleshoot, it's very timely. It takes a long time.

When I started with the company, we already had it.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good tool. It will satisfy a lot of the needs, but I think there's room for improvement.