Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
It provides the ability to drill down and show business value from a single source of truth.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature of Oracle Business Intelligence is the ability to drill down and show business value for your customers with the different subject areas they have implemented.

Improvements to My Organization

What's improved the functioning of the business is the single source of truth. Everybody pulls the same information from the same set of dashboards. We eliminated duplicate reporting, and we have a single data warehouse.

Room for Improvement

Some of the new products they have with the mobile version and Day by Day look extremely good. I would like their mobile version to incorporate HTML5, and also go through some accessibility testing, which would incorporate new web standard features.

The stability of the product has been very good. I've been very impressed with the product itself, considering all the users that we have online and being able to prepare the reports that they need.

We have not had to scale it.

Technical support overall has been as good as can be expected. We've had to open up some TARs or some tickets with them. Overall, they've been fine.

We previously used Excel, Microsoft Access and Discover. Everybody had their own report. They would save the open order report on 52 desktops of Microsoft Access. In 2006, we bought Oracle BI, eliminated all those different reports and were able to create a single source of truth. It changed their lives.

The initial setup of version 10.7 was fine, but when we upgraded from version 10 to 11, it was a whole new technology stack; it took extremely long. The nice thing about going from 11 to 12 is that it is the same technology framework, so it looks straightforward for an upgrade. The first upgrade took 15 months; this should take a week.

Other Solutions Considered

We also considered Hyperion and there was also Teradata.

We had Oracle E-Business Suite, so we just stayed with the same product suite. It ended up becoming a good bet because right now everything is BI, and mobile and data analytics. Back then, I didn't expect it to be that, but I picked a good horse.

When I’m looking at a vendor such as Oracle, it is important that they're providing new tools all the time, and that they also are very stable; you know they're going to be around. You also feel like they have an integrated solution, so that OBIEE works with the Oracle database, and then you also have Oracle front ends that are also calling Oracle BI reports. It's an integrated solution.

Other Advice

I've actually had to look at different divisions within my organization and try to sell this product. In some cases, I've actually had to go over and help set it up. It's important to look at form and function. Look at the features that they have today; they're looking for the same thing. The proof is in the pudding, by showing them the reports, showing them the functionalities, setting up new dashboards, setting up ad-hoc reports through Answers, and then scheduling those. I've had to do that, and they don't believe that it's that easy.

I have given this product a perfect rating because they're getting the integrated products within their E-Business suite. They have pre-built analytics. They also have a very developmental-friendly development suite with answers. A lot of it is self-service, where users can subscribe to products. They can also reorganize columns and do everything they need to do to make it friendly for themselves. Now with the new mobile tools, with Day by Day and Sunopsis, they make it even more powerful.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.