Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle OBIEE Review
Allows for the design of the warehouse. I would like to see better visualizations.

Valuable Features:

The advanced visualizations and the semantic layer. These allow for easy design of the warehouse.

Improvements to My Organization:

We use the forecasting modules with financial data from the ERP system (EBS) and Hyperion.

This allows us to predict how the company will perform in the coming quarter and to take appropriate measures to mitigate the loss.

We also know the fast moving products. We know how to stock and market out products.

Room for Improvement:

• OBIEE visualizations are still behind compared to Tableau and QlikView
  • Visualizations, such as Gantt charts, are not available in OBIEE out-of-the-box: Needs a workaround to enable them

Use of Solution:

I’ve used OBIEE for six years.

Stability Issues:

The latest version of OBIEE is very stable, especially if it’s running on TimesTen for Exalytics.

Scalability Issues:

OBIEE is designed to be scalable. It scales the best compared to all the other BI products.

I would give technical support a rating 3/5.

Previous Solutions:

We did use previous solutions. The upgrade was a corporate decision. This was based on several factors, such as the new features, the approaching end of support, and the cost of maintaining an old system.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup is never simple. It was a long and difficult journey. It needed a lot of cooperation from the ERP consultants.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

For enterprise BI, OBIEE is still one of the best products. Oracle does give a good discount and ensures a successful implementation.

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated BusinessObjects, Cognos, and MSBI.

Other Advice:

Understand your data and what information you want to gather from it before embarking on the BI journey. Ensure that you have a strong team to implement it. The best tools are useless when they are poorly implemented.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle OBIEE?

Our experts can help. 213,954 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.