Oracle OBIEE Review

Allows for the design of the warehouse. I would like to see better visualizations.

What is most valuable?

The advanced visualizations and the semantic layer. These allow for easy design of the warehouse.

How has it helped my organization?

We use the forecasting modules with financial data from the ERP system (EBS) and Hyperion.

This allows us to predict how the company will perform in the coming quarter and to take appropriate measures to mitigate the loss.

We also know the fast moving products. We know how to stock and market out products.

What needs improvement?

• OBIEE visualizations are still behind compared to Tableau and QlikView
  • Visualizations, such as Gantt charts, are not available in OBIEE out-of-the-box: Needs a workaround to enable them

I’ve used OBIEE for six years.

The latest version of OBIEE is very stable, especially if it’s running on TimesTen for Exalytics.

OBIEE is designed to be scalable. It scales the best compared to all the other BI products.

I would give technical support a rating 3/5.

We did use previous solutions. The upgrade was a corporate decision. This was based on several factors, such as the new features, the approaching end of support, and the cost of maintaining an old system.

The initial setup is never simple. It was a long and difficult journey. It needed a lot of cooperation from the ERP consultants.

For enterprise BI, OBIEE is still one of the best products. Oracle does give a good discount and ensures a successful implementation.

We evaluated BusinessObjects, Cognos, and MSBI.

What other advice do I have?

Understand your data and what information you want to gather from it before embarking on the BI journey. Ensure that you have a strong team to implement it. The best tools are useless when they are poorly implemented.

More Oracle OBIEE reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft BI
Learn what your peers think about Oracle OBIEE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.