Oracle OBIEE Review

Changes to the repository affect the whole application, but the layout is not great

What is our primary use case?

We have an enterprise type of environment, where we have 80 applications. We are using OBIEE for our data reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle OBIEE improves our day-to-day, but it is not a very user-friendly tool, according to some of our users. In my opinion it is very user-friendly.

What is most valuable?

There is an enterprise type of repository; you can make changes in the repository and it will affect the whole application. Other tools don't have a combined repository.

What needs improvement?

From a business perspective, it's not user-friendly.

No stability issues.

I think it is scalable. Whenever we have a new patch or update, the old functions are also available after applying it.

I have not used tech support.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good tool, but its overall organization as an analytical tool, the layout of OBIEE, is not very good.

I would rate it a seven out of 10, overall. OBIEE doesn't have audit logs. Also because, in our own organization each department gets its user own ID, in OBIEE if we provide rights to them, they are the administrators of OBIEE. That means there is no distinguishing between user management and administration.