Oracle Pillar Axiom 600 [EOL] Review

Provides ease of use with a straightforward GUI. I would like to see better support.

What is most valuable?

Provides ease of use with a straightforward GUI.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better support, with a one-off fix. The currently installed platform provided a number of hardware failures, but has since been resolved. Not sure if better tested code/hardware updates would avoid this in future.

We experienced numerous outages on the Pillar Axiom. Various hardware components were replaced which did not resolve the issue. The problem was very frustrating as SAP production currently runs on the Axiom, which resulted in a large user base being affected. On the last engineer visit, the problem was resolved. This problem took months to resolve.

We have been using this for two years.

No deployment issues were experienced, except for getting the array into the data center, as space was limited.

There were multiple hardware failures.

There were no issues with scalability.

Oracle's customer service is good generally. We did, however, prefer to have the system repaired one-off.

Technical support is good.

We used Sun Storage 3310.

The attached Oracle M6-32 required specific configs which made the implementation quite complex.

We implemented with the help of the vendor and the vendor partner.

Always consult the vendor and partners for best pricing.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Nexsan and others in Modular SAN. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.