Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Review

We're happy with it from a standardized input perspective. We're not happy with how you get information out of the system.

Valuable Features

From a standardized input perspective, we’re very happy with it.

Room for Improvement

We are not that happy with how you get information out of the system. I wish we could delete years out of the Planning cube so that we didn't have to keep growing. Also, we would like to see the ability to build dimensions more dynamically.

Use of Solution

It's been operational for 6 years.

Planning takes some hand holding since processes have not been automated. Updating dimensions is more manual, so if we could automate that, it would be great.

Since we can’t delete years out of the Planning cube, the growth is eventually going to create a performance issue.

Support from Oracle depends on who you get on the phone. There is one person that I work with on a regular basis, and she does a wonderful job. If we need an update, she will go ask the development what's going on. If they're not moving, she gives them a push. Typically when we talk to people overseas, though, they just let the issue sit. In my opinion, we should bring support back to the states.

Upgrades and patching are a pain in the butt. There are just too many pieces that have to be implemented in the right sequence.

Other Advice

I would give Planning a seven out of ten. We have used other Planning applications, and this one is the best. However, it’s not quite the level I need.

More Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Adaptive Insights, SAP and others in Business Performance Management. Updated: June 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.