Oracle Service Bus Review

Straightforward setup with Good Features but the Connectivity needs Improvement

What is our primary use case?

I am a part of the software developing team and I mainly use this solution for the integrating applications.

What is most valuable?

The features most valuable are all of the features relating to the integration of applications.

What needs improvement?

The connectivity with the solution is an area that needs to be improved. On occasion, requests are lost due to losing connectivity.

Also, there should be proper monitoring of what is coming into and going out of the Service bus and it should be logged.

Every request should be logged.

Technical support on the Oracle site needs improvement. When we have an issue, we create an SR for Oracle. The read the request, but they do not respond properly. When creating the SR, they ask for a lot of information from us. The requested information is provided to them but still, a solution is not provided.

It would be a benefit to have proper instruction on the different types of configuration or to have an example or suggestion for different types of Scenarios and how to configure them.

I would like the configuration information provided to us.

I have been using this solution for ten years.

The solution is stable.

We have a lot of customers and we have several enterprise applications.

This solution is scalable. We can add to it and we have multiple interfaces.

We have a lot of users, although I am not sure how many.

We have a team of thirty people working and maintaining this solution. Some are developers and some are part of the administrative team.

The technical support is good.

Technical support on the Oracle site is not as good, sometimes we will get our issues resolved but not always.

It may not be for others but I feel that the initial setup is straightforward. It is not complex.

Once I put in a request and it is approved by a manager, it takes ten to fifteen minutes to deploy.

We deploy both on-premises and Cloud. It's a private company cloud, not public.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle a good product. It can be used for the integration of this solution.

I have only received positive feedback for this solution. The features are good. It's sufficient for us.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud