Oracle Service Cloud Review

It's meant for services. It was built with a base of providing services to the customers by providing knowledge-base articles and not just through a phone channel. It's more of an omni-channel suite.

Valuable Features

One of the good features about this product is, like many other cloud technologies, this product is meant for services. It was built with a base of providing services to the customers by providing knowledge-base articles and not just through a phone channel. It's more of an omni-channel suite.

I've worked with a lot of customers with whom I've worked with these product and also with other service cloud products and it takes a lot of other products into the market. But I've seen customers being more happy when they get whatever they're looking for in terms of customer satisfaction by reaching out to the market on a quick deploy.

If they want to increase their agents count in terms of scalability or in terms of integration or extending the product features, making new innovative edits and all that, it brings these features home to the customer easily.

Room for Improvement

The product build works well when it comes to implementations and mass communications and media, but there's a lot of improvement needed for the B2B market. In the B2C market it works very well and in the B2B market it works well, but B2B requires more customization. There's area for improvement when you want to serve the B2B market.

Use of Solution

I've worked with it for almost eight years.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It's definitely a very stable product. I work with customers who have more than 1,000 call center agents, so you can see how robust and stable this product is.

It's definitely scalable. We had a customer who initially rolled it out for just 5 users; they now have over 300 just by adding licenses.

They are knowledgeable in a certain way. They definitely are knowledgeable in terms of the product, but when it comes to implementing the product to a vertical industry, I think they lag a little behind on that. I don't expect them to be an expert in all the business areas because their job is to sell the product. Our job, people like me, is basically to implement for our customer and that's where non-Oracle expertise comes into the picture.

It's straightforward. Prior to working with Service Cloud, I'd seen implementation on other CRM product like Siebel or Clarify. Implementing a product like that involved huge investments for our organization. They had to have at least a couple of database administrators and then they had a couple of front end developers, couple of back end developers, and then they needed infrastructure. It was a huge investment when they wanted to build a CRM application or they wanted to migrate to another CRM application. In terms of the Oracle Service Cloud, some of our implementations have been completed in two weeks with just two developers.

There are small complexities involved in the setup when you want to add a lot of customized features specific to your industry vertical or you want to integrate with your back end application. In those scenarios, the implementation timeline increases, but still, if you compare to other implementations like Siebel or Clarify or any other CRMs, they take a lot of time. With those, implementation takes 7-8, but with the Oracle solution, it can take just a couple of weeks.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're resellers.
1 visitor found this review helpful