Oracle Service Cloud Review
Knowledge Foundation and Advanced incorporate NLP technology.

Valuable Features

Pretty much the entire suite is valuable. The Knowledge Foundation and Advanced are best in breed with NLP technology. Proactive chat and customer portal are also extremely valuable to any service organization.

Improvements to My Organization

Our managed services group uses it to support our customers enabling us to maintain SLAs and surpass them. Scheduled Analytics reports help us to make sure we are staffed correctly based on trending volume of incidents.

Room for Improvement

The agent browser UI is quickly scaling, so I will be very excited when I can recommend it to everyone. Other areas where I'd love to see enhancements are outreach, feedback and business rules. I have heard there are some changes in the works though.

Regarding business rules the UI and the way you construct them has not changed in many years. This part of the administration is not as intuitive of some of the other areas. The Outreach piece which controls the Service Marketing activities has not had any new features in some time but this is likely because the tool is not meant for mature marketing organizations in that respect. A solution like Oracle Marketing Cloud (Eloqua ) would be a better suited for pure Marketing type activities.

Use of Solution

It feels like only yesterday, but it's been about a decade.

We have not encountered any deployment issues in recent versions. Any issues we experienced were several years ago

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues; this is an enterprise application.

Customer service is fair. I have seen improvements in response time over the past year. Customer success managers are a valuable asset that can be leveraged if you do need assistance navigating the customer support landscape.

Many of the technicians have a deep level of knowledge.

Initial setup was straightforward and implementation can be done in weeks vs years.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Make sure you know what you are licensed for and take advantage of all the features and functionality available with your license.

Request Demo

Learn more about Oracle Service Cloud.