Oracle Service Cloud Review

The knowledge base allows non-technical users to create business content that becomes end-user facing.

What is most valuable?

The knowledge base: The ability for a non-technical user to create business content that becomes end-user facing has been the easiest item to allow customers to get their answers fast and still have access to business-published data. Because it requires a non-technical personal to publish, the time to market for the content is rapid, and the end-users are able to see immediately any quick answers they may be searching for.

The routing of incidents/cases: The tool provides a very robust routing tool that a manager-level person can adjust at will based on the changing service needs. Because cases/incidents come from many sources, the tool has de-coupled the creation of the case and the routing of the case to the proper person/group. Depending on business, it is easy to route based on product line and translate to skill set the agents have who work the cases/incidents.

I started using this solution back in 2006/2007.  At that time, I was a help desk agent, and used it to communicate with all my end users and track the problems they encountered with technology.

The biggest deployment concern I run into is that the primary agent console requires a combination of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Windows, and .NET.

After seeing the tools' capabilities, it is visible why the requirements are as they are. You have an app that has the potential to be "customized", if you choose to.  And most of us eventually choose to customize the app and enjoy the benefits of integrated ERPs, transactional tracing, etc...

It should be noted the future of the product is removing these requirements.

This product is one of the more stable cloud products I have come across on the cloud. Maintenance windows are scheduled; however, they rarely take the site down for more than 30 seconds in a 180-day period. The few major outages I did encounter were resolved in about 5 minutes and full communication was shared with me and the other stakeholders from the Oracle team as issues occurred.

The few gotchyas in the initial setup are fairly easy to work thru with an experienced implementer who has encountered the problem.

When I initially set this up as a customer I had previously learned that you can build big complex lists and choices for users to select from. However, users get overwhelmed and end up choosing "other" just to allow the screen to move forward. Lesson learned: Keep it simple.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a partner with Oracle that specializes in implementing the product for many different organizations.
More Oracle Service Cloud reviews from users