Oracle Service Cloud Review

Provides a complete view of end users though all channels and base marketing.

What is most valuable?

I originally started using RightNow as an email management and knowledge management system, though the true value is providing a 360-degree view of the end users though all channels and base marketing.

How has it helped my organization?

When I initially started using it, it was for a travel company at the same time as bad weather closed the major airports in the south of England. Instead of a spike in calls and AHT, the call levels were consistent with trends, as the accurate and up-to-date info on the knowledge base deflected the calls.

I have been working with OSvC since 2004 and in that
time, I have submitted several enhancement requests (Ideas Lab), of
functionality that was severely lacking and would seem logical for the
use of Service cloud.

Some of the examples are with the Knowledgebase which is what the
Original RightNow was designed for, though a lot of the enhancement
requests and now being developed as a part of the Knowledge Advanced
proposition, which is sold in addition to the OSvC functionality.

Other examples of enhancements are like the "Currency" and "Hierarchy
Menu/MultiSelect Menu" as Custom Fields which have not been developed (I
personally submitted an Ideas Lab request for the currency back in 2007)

The AUP program is an excellent idea and is in line with the cloud
pricing/subscription models in the market place though it is more the
content of the upgrades that need improvement.

What needs improvement?

Upgrade and development process: There are some aspects which have been requested for years but are slow to take into the development path (or are included in an "Advanced" version of the system).

I have been using Service Cloud and RightNow since 2002.

As with all system upgrades, there have been a couple of bugs, but never a major issue.

There have been a couple of very minor outages which are proactively managed. I have never had a complete system outage.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. I have used this from a small implementation of 5 users to a full-blown implementation across 11 countries.

Customer service is very good.

Technical support is very good.

In the past, I have used KANA (pre-2002) & CosmoCall.

The initial setup was a bit complex, not due to the system but down to the business. Other implementations I have worked on have been very efficient and simple.

Initial implementation was with the assistance of RightNow. For subsequent implementations, I was an Oracle Partner implementing the solutions for clients.

ROI is unmeasured.

Named-user licences are cheaper, though a concurrent licence will be more appropriate if you have a large number of users who log in on a shift pattern or infrequently.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: The company I work for is a digital solutions consultancy, specialist in implementing these types of platforms, and has been partnering with Oracle (as well as other vendors) for many years.
1 visitor found this review helpful