Oracle SOA Cloud Service Review

As a PaaS solution, it should be easier to maintain. ​It automated the way we did system integrations.

What is our primary use case?

In my company, we needed a system to integrate different systems. Some systems were on the cloud and other systems were on-premise. We chose Oracle SOA Cloud to build this integration.

How has it helped my organization?

It automated the way we did system integrations. Now, information is available on different systems to the correct people.

What is most valuable?

The capacity to integrate between many different sources. There are adapters which make it easier to build integrations between different technologies.

What needs improvement?

As PaaS solution in the cloud, it should be easy to maintain this solution. As a PaaS product, I expected less actions to maintain the server.

Less than one year.

The system is very unstable, and any modifications to the server or in the application can make the whole system stop.

No scalability issues.

I would rate technical support as an eight out of 10.

Previously, I used to use cheaper solutions.

We use this one now because we wanted to keep the same provider from another solution that we bought before.

The initial setup is complex. Many solutions out-of-the-box did not work as expected. The documentation provided Is particularly poor.

It is an interesting solution, but only if you get a good price for it. Usually there are better options in the market with better prices.

We evaluated Pentaho, Microsoft SSIS, and Java Native.

What other advice do I have?

Get good support from Oracle.

Do not think it is easy to start developing in this tool, because there are many errors in it.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We have a partnership relationship.