Oracle SOA Suite Review

Flexible, has a good dashboard, and the end-to-end Java support lends well to customization

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for integrating with Salesforce and SaaS applications that our company uses for quality. We also have other legacy applications, and now, we are integrating the tool with our internal applications. We are also using Oracle B2B, which is part of SOA.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the dashboard and audit trail

They have a good auditing feature.

It offers end-to-end Java support and JavaScript support. In case there is something that doesn't work out of the box, you have the flexibility to customize it.

What needs improvement?

There are networking and firewall issues that tend to delay our projects. I believe that is the case with any middleware.

The documentation and details can be a little better, and more user-friendly. They supply lots of documentation but finding what we need is challenging at times.

There is room for improvement in terms of support.

In the next version of this solution, I would like to see improvements made to the test environment for real-time testing. There is a lot of new software that isn't there until you deploy, which means that you cannot test real-time.

We have been using the Oracle SOA Suite for three years.

It has been stable for us, so far.

We do not have many integrations. We have a very small team and we have four or five consultants working for us. Together with a couple of people in our organization, there are six or seven people who have access to manage.

The technical support from Oracle is good, although it can be better.

The initial setup is not very complex.

Our scenario is different. We do not have write access in our production environment, so we have to depend on Oracle Managed Services. Because they have to make the changes, it gets a little bit delayed. If we had the write permissions then it wouldn't be an issue.

Our in-house team deployed it.

When I began working with this product three years ago, the company already had Oracle EBS and other Oracle software that was already in use. We recently evaluated other products but we thought it was the best option to go with Oracle.

One of the reasons is that there is a lot of code involved, and we would have had to write everything into the new software.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I can recommend it to others. That said, there are a lot of new products that are coming onto the market, including open-source solutions. If people are starting from scratch then I would recommend evaluating several of them.

12.2.1.3
More Oracle SOA Suite reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, WSO2, Red Hat and others in Application Infrastructure. Updated: February 2021.
464,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.