Oracle SOA Suite Review

The integration possibilities with other Oracle Fusion middleware products is the most valuable feature of the SOA Suite solution.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

I'm a contractor, so my client organizations are the ones who benefit from SOA Suite. With it, it's quite visible the number of both internal and external processes that are more integrated. Another organizational benefit is that less human intervention is required when running the suite of products in SOA.

What needs improvement?

Although the SOA Suite solutions integrate well with Oracle Fusion middleware products, it lacks similar integration with Enterprise Manager. This is something that, in my experience working with clients, is needed for SOA Suite to be a better product.

Including its predecessors, we've been using SOA Suite since 2004.

There were no issues with the deployment.

There were regular issues with the stability of SOA Suite, but they were fixed with help from Oracle technical support.

There have been no issues scaling it.

8/10

I work exclusively with Oracle software.

Until version 10, the initial setup was cumbersome. Over the years and subsequent upgrades, with 11g setup became easier and, now, setting up with 12c is a walk in the park.

I implement SOA Suite for my clients.

You need to make a good estimate of the licensing costs for the first year.

More Oracle SOA Suite reviews from users
1 Comment

author avatarit_user517638 (User at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees)

I agree, SOA provides tremendous functionality to integrate heterogeneous environment. With time changing and having applications over cloud and on priem, SOA has bigger role to play.