Oracle SOA Suite Review

It has easy-to-use development environment/maintenance consoles and default connectors for third-party integration.

What is most valuable?

• Easy-to-use development environment/maintenance consoles
  • Default connectors for third-party integration
  • Out-of-the-box deployment functionality

How has it helped my organization?

I can deliver higher quality customer solutions and support them both on the architectural level and the technical/implementation level.

What needs improvement?

Framework extensibility needs to be worked on.

I've been using it for eight years give or take.

We've had no issues with deployment.

Speed/memory consumption on processing of large (XML) documents did have some issues.

We had no issues scaling it.

7/10

We previously used Mule ESB/WSO2. Most of the time, the customer already has an Oracle background, so the implementation of the Oracle middleware was more of a logical extension.

Most of the time, it's straightforward for the integration patterns, and isn't rocket science.

Compared to open source platforms, Oracle isn't cheap. Companies will need to decide if they prefer open source, use, for example, a paid community support and use a framework which may be less mature, or use Oracle, which means a real mature framework, full support, and stability.

When customers are at the beginning of the process of deciding which middleware platform to use and they aren't bound to, let's say, Oracle, the choice to use, for example Oracle SOA Suite won't be the first one.

What other advice do I have?

The Oracle integration platforms keeps getting expanded with more products. Overall, it's a mature and complete platform, ideal for implementing high-quality business solutions. Oracle has a real wide community which can help with almost any use case. It has an easy-to-use development environment. It's just a complete all-in-one solution.