Oracle SOA Suite Review

What is most valuable?

We use it to build integrations for customers. It has a broad set of tools for handling SOAP and REST integrations to FTP, files, and JMS depending on need.

How has it helped my organization?

For customers, we have often made integrations from batch processing to propagating changes in a few seconds. With the integration platform in place, it is easier and quicker to make the integrations they need.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement, but it has shown a continuous growth in functionality. Nevertheless, the stability when used with JDeveloper needs improvement.

I have been using it for six to seven years.

There have been no issues deploying it.

The product is stable, but we have seen less stability with JDeveloper.

It contains good options for handling scalability. We haven't had issues scaling it as necessary.

Technical support is good and available, but you need to know how Oracle Support works to get the best help.

We had no other solution in place.

Setup of the development environment has become a lot easier, as has the production environment. For the production environment, I would recommend someone who has done this before.

Pricing has been an issue for smaller customers. Fortunately, the cloud will now give more options.

No other options were looked at.

What other advice do I have?

There is an active community -- read blogs and books, and attend conferences, and training, or work side-by-side with someone who knows the product. Also, plan the architecture well.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're partners.