Oracle SOA Suite Review

It provides us with an out-of-box EDI solution that allows us to work and trade with all our partners and other companies.​​ There are some performance and reliability issues.

Improvements to My Organization

We primarily use SOA Suite for our B2B and EDI. It's the framework for our B2B activities. It provides us with an out-of-box EDI solution that allows us to work and trade with all our partners and other companies across the world.

Room for Improvement

Granted, we're not on the newest and latest version, but there are some performance and reliability issues with the SOA Suite. We're constantly having issues. We have some scheduled scripts to run and they bounce around SOA Suite weekly, so there's definitely room for improvement there.

It's deployed without issue for us.

We've had issues surrounding our B2B and BAM process. There's quite a few issues, but that's speaking from a developer's standpoint and not a DBA's or Technical Lead's.

We don't have that many functional users using it, so scaling has not been a true issue for us.

We use a third-party hosting solution. A lot of the setup in technical maintenance is all handled through them. I know we've logged several SR's for issues with SOA Suite.

The initial setup was done by our third-party implementer. The main solution we used it for was obviously for EDI. Going forward, it may change.

Implementation Team

We used a third-party implementer.

Other Advice

Just make sure you work with your technical team and know what current version is and all the patch notes that tie to that.