Oracle SOA Suite Review

Reusability of services is an important feature which allows users to eliminate extraneous legacy systems.

Valuable Features

• Reusability of services
  • Scalability

Improvements to My Organization

We have implemented SOA for many clients. The organizations are getting benefit as they are eliminating complex integration (point to point) among several legacy systems, and having a low cost solution. The reusability of services is a game changer because one of our clients is saving big money by eliminating extraneous legacy systems.

Room for Improvement

There is a dashboard available in SOA Suite, and it's called BAM (Business Activity Monitoring), however, very often, clients need more customization, and this is limited. I want more customization in BAM.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for two years.

There are many issues in deployment, and it is an ongoing process of improvement in any product. We get support from Oracle to resolve these issues.

We've experienced no issues with performance.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

There is a good customer support available and it depend on the severity of the issue.

Initial setup is straightforward and there is plenty of documentation available on the Oracle website to help you with it.

Implementation Team

We have an in-house team that did it.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is always good if there is a win-win situation for client and service providers, and there is definitely some room for improvement in this area.

Other Solutions Considered

There are many factors that meant we chose this product over others, including its low cost, variety of integration options, and virtualization through Oracle Service Bus.

Other Advice

Perform a proper requirement gathering and check where this product is best suited in your organization.