What is most valuable?
- ZFS: It is very stable and scalable. It provides excellent security, and cool deduplication, compression, encryption and recovery capabilities.
- DTrace: It is the best for performance analysis and fault analysis.
- Zone containers: The feature is stable and can provide the service with fewer resources.
How has it helped my organization?
- Improved transaction processing performance
- Fewer faults (reduction in maintenance fees)
What needs improvement?
- GUI or menu configuration support
- Management tool visualization
For how long have I used the solution?
I have more than 15 years of experience with Solaris, including three years of experience with Solaris version 11.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I have never encountered any stability issues; stability is perfect.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
I have not encountered any scalability issues. Scalability is powerful and very simple.
How are customer service and technical support?
I rate technical support in Korea very high.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We used Linux on x86. Linux is very good, but this project is very important from the security, stability and scalability points of view.
How was the initial setup?
Initial setup is very simple and clean.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We evaluated Linux. The issue was cost.
What other advice do I have?
The Solaris Unix platform is very powerful, simple, and scalable. The on-premise environment is optimized, but the cloud environment is not.
If you need a Unix platform, I recommend Oracle Cloud. Oracle Cloud only supports Unix platforms.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Nov 13 2016