Oracle Solaris Review

Allows us to move our database from platform to platform; it's reliable and secure

What is most valuable?

• Its portability is most important. We can move our database from platform to platform.
  • The database itself is fast and reliable and secure.

How has it helped my organization?

I think it's more industry an standard and, as a result, we're able to have the right people, the right skill sets, to work on our solution.

What needs improvement?

Right now, we don't have any difficulties.

Based on my experience I'm very satisfied with the solution. Based on the architecture we have, based on the dependedability, we never have downtime or impact of sorts.

I'm pretty happy with it.

I think Oracle is great in support. We have 24/7 support and anytime that we have any technical hardware or software issue, then we can call and get help.

I think right now everyone talks about the cloud. I think we were falling behind. I would say in, perhaps, not 10 years, maybe less, something like five years, we have to follow the trend.

At that time we had Sybase and we had SQL Server, but then we started moving everything to Oracle.

It was pretty straightforward. It depends on the skill set of the people working with it. I think, for us, we have a group of people that have been working on the operation of the system for a long time.

What other advice do I have?

Regarding selecting a vendor, we are public sector, so we need to have a vendor that has been an industry leader for a long period of time. That's so we can have, in the next decade or two, have reliability.

I think I'd follow the majority of the customers and learn what the vendor has been doing, but not only in the past, what they intend to do in the future as well.

I base my rating of nine out of 10 on the technical solution, and the customer relationship, and the technical support.

1 Comment
Diego E. AguirreReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Very clear. The Solaris portability has no comparison with other Os.

29 April 19