Oracle Solaris Review

Combines the power of a neural network with the benefits of virtualization to improve the AI's performance

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Solaris has inspired my professional artificial intelligence system and research activity for a new operating system dedicated and focused on cybersecurity.

The System Management facility helps the administration of my development server, and by using the professional FLEXCUBE financial application, I have tested the capability of trading features within my project.

How has it helped my organization?

• It offers zero-overhead virtualization.
  • It's an application-driven software.
  • Its networking has helped me combine the power of a neural network with the benefits of virtualization to improve the AI's performance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Oracle's technology are the use of Kernel Zones and a ZFS file system, which is the best choice for a shared file system.

What needs improvement?

Needs NTFS support and VMware compatibility. To install Solaris as a VMware virtual machine, I need to convert the VirtualBox image to a VMware image.

I would love to see improvements in SVM, so file systems could be increased or migrated without downtime to the environment, similar to what ZFS is capable of.

It is more expensive, but very complete and worth enacting.

No, because I've been an Oracle developer for 10 years, and I perfectly grasp the power of Oracle Solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Best choice for professional workers: I personally suggest Oracle Solaris.

I'm happy to test the Oracle Solaris 11.4 Beta.

1 Comment
Diego E. AguirreReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Very clear Giacomo. I agree with the improvements of the compatibility with vmware and ntfs

28 February 19