Oracle SQL Developer Review

Valuable Features

The speed with which you can build SQL statements and PL/SQL code has been very valuable. In addition, it simplifies how we manage database objects and connections to different data sources.

Improvements to My Organization

It has reduced the time it takes to manage data. We use the product for data analysis, building SQL statements to construct reports, and analysis and optimization of SQL statements.

Room for Improvement

The interface could be friendlier for the DBA by having the dashboard show real-time statistics from the database engine. It could also give details from active sessions, details about PGA, information about background processes like DBWR, LGWR and RVWR, alerts when you pass thresholds, logical reads, physical reads, and direct physical leads.

Use of Solution

We have used the product for about 2 years.

It has been stable.

There have been no issues with scalability.

Customer service is very good.

It has been excellent for us.

Initial setup is simple. Once you have a connection to the data source, you can begin working. We implemented in-house and there were no issues.

ROI

It is a very good investment for the benefits that it offers.

Other Advice

Download it, install it and never stop using it. I would give it a ten out of ten.

1 Comment
Senior Principal Product Manager at a tech company with 10,001+ employeesVendor

On the room for improvement area, we agree. That's why we introduced the Instance Viewer to the DBA panel. You'll need to upgrade to v4.1 to take advantage of this feature.

01 September 16