Oracle SQL Developer Review

The product is simple, with easy to use functionality. UI is user-friendly.

What is most valuable?

I would say the number one feature is it’s easy to use functionality. It is an extremely simple product and the UI is user-friendly.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it for JD Edwards to SQL the queries on the SQL database side, so it gives us the results fast. In this way, we are able to help the business.

The process is that once we run it to get the results, we can optimize it and send them out to the business users.

What needs improvement?

One of the options that I would like to see is the cloud solution (if they have any) because we already implemented the HCM module last year.

We took out the HR part from JD Edwards and moved it into the cloud. That is one of the features that I would like to see, if there is some integration between cloud and organized applications.

I think it is quite stable.

As our company keeps on growing, our data also keeps on growing.

Currently, we are a $12-billion company and this tool supports us.

Our projection in the future, is to grow from $12 billion to $20 billion in the next three years and I am not sure whether it might help then or not, as our data will also grow consequently.

Technical support again, is related more for the other group. We don't deal with this aspect.

In regards to technical support, we just open a ticket in iServe Service Now and those guys, they do all the support.

By the time I joined this company, the solution was already in use.

I was not extensively involved in the setup process but I think it was a low to medium level; not complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely advise others to look into this tool and it’s solution.

The number one criteria whilst choosing a vendor, is support. If you get the right support; that is if you are able to meet the SLAs, the business SLAs, and in my opinion that is what the company looks at.

One of the reasons, as I said, it is quite simple, but has its own complexities. For example, when you pull more than 20 million records from the finance table, there is some performance impact.