Oracle SuperCluster Review

Great performance and Technical support but cannot integrate with the newest version

How has it helped my organization?

Regarding the performance between our old system and the new system, previously we were running the system with IBM, the quarterbacking was running in IBM, then we moved to the Oracle SuperCluster.

The quarterbacking is from Oracle, the hardware and the database is also running on Oracle.

We have seen that there is an improvement in performance. For example, end of the year in IBM, we were running almost twelve and a half hours, but when we moved to Oracle SuperCluster, after the first year it was running for only four hours. It went from twelve and a half hours to four hours.

The performance is significantly improved, and the administration is easy because it is a single platform end-to-end.

What is most valuable?

The features of Oracle SuperCluster are more common based. If you want to make any additional configuration or changes to the virtualization layer, it is commonly based.

What needs improvement?

We are not able to upgrade our SuperClass to the latest version, because this solution is more compatible with Oracle. We are not able to run any .NET-based applications and they cannot install Windows.

The Oracle SuperCluster is specific to Oracle products. They can set up a convergence infrastructure so that you can run both applications, such as Java, non-Java, .NET, and Windows.

The features are limited and we are not able to upgrade this solution. We are not able to integrate our current version with the new, upgraded version.

If they had an application that centralized the administration, not about the monitoring, but for the configuration, it would be better.

We have heard that after the M8 was introduced a couple of years ago, there will be no production.

I have been using this solution for four years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable and performs well.

We can expand to our requirements because the storage can be expanded and also the computer with us can be expanded. It depends upon the free space available on the rack.

We can expand the rack to superclass a rack and populate what the requirements are regarding the compute, the storage, and we can connect between the two racks using the InfiniBand switches.

The technical support is the best with any hardware issues.

Previously we used X-Beta. Oracle created a specific product database and not the applications. As Oracle SuperCluster, we can run applications and databases in a single infrastructure.

The deployment model was on-premises.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Oracle SuperCluster reviews from users