Oracle VM VirtualBox Review

It's easy to install and configure, and we're able to share USB devices between host VMs.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature for us is the fact that it's free. It's also easy to install and configure, and we're able to share USB devices between host VMs. In this case, 'sharing' means that only one instance can use the USB device at a time, but you can detach the device and attach it to a different instance (VM or host). This is valuable as it allows you to transfer data without networking.

Improvements to My Organization

I can install and test VMs on my own computer before installing live versions on the company VMware host.

Room for Improvement

Stability should be improved because sometimes the VirtualBox stops. I believe this maybe a compatibility issue, but I'm not sure.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for three months.

We have had no issues with the deployment.

Sometimes the VirtualBox stops and the process cannot be killed. The computer then needs to be restarted.

We have had no issues with the scalability.

I've never asked for support from customer service.

I've never asked for support from technical support. The issue I had was not important enough for me to need them.

The initial setup was straightforward and easy.

Implementation Team

We did it ourselves in-house with no need for support from the vendor or any third-party team.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I use the free version.

Other Advice

You should try it as it's free.

5.0.6 r103037
More Oracle VM VirtualBox reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vSphere
Learn what your peers think about Oracle VM VirtualBox. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.