Oracle VM VirtualBox Review

I can send a VM to a friend to test so they don’t have to install it or port it to my other computers.​

What is most valuable?

VirtualBox can import and export virtual machines in a usable format. It’s also very easy to change settings to fine tune the VM. Also, I can send a VM to a friend to test so they don’t have to install it or port it to my other computers.

How has it helped my organization?

In my personal lab, it helps me explore new Linux distributions or updates before actually installing them.

What needs improvement?

I’d like to see Oracle make it easy to drag and drop files between a VM and the host PC. That would help a lot in saving time transferring files.

I've used it for about six years.

I have had no issues deploying it.

I have had no issues with stability.

I've not had to scale it.

I haven't needed to use customer service.

I have not had to use tech support as there is plenty of information available online.

I used VirtualPC before, but VirtualBox is much better. It offers more configuration options in its settings, and we wanted an alternative to Microsoft products.

Getting used to working through the settings took some time to get the hang of, but after that, it flows smoothly usually.

As a home user, it’s free.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that you use VirtualBox and experiment with different settings.