Oracle VM VirtualBox Review

We can try our software in virtual machines so that we can find errors, fix them, and then re-test.

What is most valuable?

From our use of it, the most valuable feature we've found is that it can quickly deploy new virtual machines.

How has it helped my organization?

We need to test our new features in virtual machines before deployment. With VM Virtualbox, we can try our software in virtual machines so that we can find errors, fix them, and then re-test, and we can do this over and over again. Because of this, the Snapshots feature is particularly useful and valuable for us.

What needs improvement?

If the system that you want to use for virtualization has no 64-bit support, you need to give it instructions on how to enable it through the Intel virtualization technology in BIOS.

I've used it for seven years.

We had no issues with the deployment.

We had no stability issues.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

Technical support is very good. We can find everything we need to resolve our issues in the support pages online.

We used different products from different vendors, but we chose VirtualBox because it's easy to use and is very stable.

It was very simple to setup.

We implemented it with our in-house team.

We gained a lot of time in the testing phase of free software.

It's free.

What other advice do I have?

I can't do everything I need for virtualization, for example like with vMotion or another solution. You will easily be able to use the software.