Oracle VM VirtualBox Review

Valuable features include: virtual machine and disc cloning, migration and recovery management.

What is our primary use case?

For enterprise deployment, IT infrastructure, data center and server virtualization infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable attributes include:

• Virtual machine and disc cloning
  • Migration
  • Disaster and recovery management

What needs improvement?

I think this solution needs improvement with the business continuity planning, disaster and recovery management, and using centralized data storage.

The solution is stable. It is great.

This is a highly scalable solution for our infrastructure. We have over 1000 people using this solution. They are using a computer system which has authentication, uses an active directory setup, with corresponding credentials. They are also accessing other software and central data storage for their file and storage management systems. Additionally, they are using a web application and database management solution for their specific role.

Tech support is helpful.

The initial setup was straightforward. Our deployment took six months. We did research and development for almost two months through the deployment of the production environment. We used an integrator for the deployment. They also provided technical support throughout the process.

It is a very cost-effective solution.

I looked at Hyper-V prior to choosing this solution. After testing it, we chose the Oracle solution instead.