Oracle VM VirtualBox Review

It is stable and I can use it in an environment with several resolutions

What is our primary use case?

I use Oracle VM VirtualBox mainly for testing guest environments and to test beta machines before they go in production environment. I also simulate configuration before the production environment to test some optionality.

What is most valuable?

I have found that cost metric manager is an interesting implementation of the network environment and it enables me to reproduce production environments.

What needs improvement?

The technical support needs to improve.

I've been using the solution for seven or eight years now on private cloud.

I think VirtualBox has good stability because I use it in an environment with several resolutions. VirtualBox is able to use the full functionality and the powerfulness of the server I installed VirtualBox on this environment. So I, at the moment, I'm satisfied with the stability of the VirtualBox environment. I'm able to run several guest environments on one node.

The solution is scalable because I can run several guest environments on one node.

I very rarely need support in VirtualBox because I utilize the documentation provided by Oracle. In my experience, I have never opened a service request for VirtualBox functionality because I find myself to work around what I need to run my environment. This is also due to the fact that I use VirtualBox in a lab environment and not in a production environment. So, for me, the technical support is not critical.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution an eight out of ten due to its environmental guide. For the next release I think the developer should work on reliability and security. But it is a good product.