Oracle VM VirtualBox Review

A flexible solution with good performance but it need to promote itself more effectively

What is our primary use case?

We have two primary use cases. We have one or two data bases. We were using it for our hospitality system and also for testing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects of the solution were the support and performance of the product and the flexibility it gives you to work.

What needs improvement?

The solution has to do a better job of promoting the product and its licensing capabilities.

I've been using the solution for three months.

In terms of stability, if we would have used it in the production, then I would have been able to comment on that. Since we used it only for the development environment and just for the testing it would be difficult to comment. We only used the solution for three months.

The solution is scalable. Nowadays all products are scalable. The scalability basically depends on the hardware and software. However, when you're talking about product, 90% of the products are scalable.

We didn't need to reach out to technical support during testing, so I do not have any experience with them.

The initial setup had a moderate amount of difficulty. We had to first study the product and then deploy it. The team didn't have hands-on experience on the product before. This was the first time we were trying it out.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

Whether I would recommend the solution depends on the preference of the person who is going to handle the environment. If they're more comfortable with a product they have worked on, then they may go for VMware or Hyper-V. But if they are open to having a more license controlled environment, then definitely they will want to go with Oracle.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.