Oracle VM VirtualBox Review

A simple solution with an easy deployment but requires more enterprise-level features

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable feature is the fact that it's enterprise based, especially the virtualization platform.

The cost is very appealing.

The simplicity and ease of deployment are great as well. It's a very versatile solution.

What needs improvement?

VirtualBox is more of a desktop deployment, so we don't really use it in production workloads. For improvement, compatibility with other virtual machine systems would be helpful. The ability to deploy the imagine of other virtual machines and convert it to a virtual desktop environment needs to be better.

The solution should have more enterprise features, like migration, high availability storage, disaster recovery, and the ability to deploy to enterprise-scale usage. They should not just offer desktop usage.

I haven't been using the solution for very long.

The solution is very stable.

I've never had to reach out to technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Oracle.

We use the on-premises deployment model. We're in the process of testing the solution currently, so it is still new to us.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. It's not an enterprise suite. Some of the light load applications I can't deploy.