Oracle WebCenter Review

Gives me easy access, connection and compatibility with all of the Oracle products

What is our primary use case?

Our main reason for using this solution is to manage documents. In my company, we have a lot of documents. We can search for these documents easily depending on content and title. I found the solution able to handle our large volume of documents and make them accessible. The product gave me a lot of options for storage and search.

How has it helped my organization?

It is easier to share and search for company content.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature is that it is possible to relate all of the databases that we use. I use Oracle databases like SAP Logic, I use BI Publisher, I use Epic, and my company uses a lot of other Oracle applications. WebCenter content gives me easy access, connection and compatibility with all of the Oracle products. The availability and security are very important to me and our operations.

The best feature for me is that all people can see the data for WebCenter content that I make content available to public or groups and they can use the data to make graphs and analysis. They can access things in my Google Drive. There is no backlash in the long-term with performance — not on the server or on the desktop. I like the availability and access features a lot.

What needs improvement?

WebCenter content access has a lot of options and flexibility. At this time, I only see one problem: in the sub-content and channels surrounding Windows 10.

It only functions with Windows 7 and Windows 8. All of the operating systems in my company are up-to-date and we are using Windows 10. For whatever reason, you can't use the Oracle content on these platforms at all. This lapse is very bad for my company because I can't change the version of Word and downgrade. Maybe it is just a technical problem.

But it is a lot of my problem with this solution currently.

I have been using Oracle WebCenter for about one year.

I have not seen any blocks, glitches, or crashes. I have not heard anything about anyone having trouble with that type of thing. I think that the stability is pretty good.

This product is very good for scaling. It is easy to expand this solution. It may seem like an exaggeration, but it is exciting. I think it is the best solution for all of the problems you might have with document storage. If you want to deploy it for your company, I would start in one department. After I see that it is successful, I would start expanding usage to the rest of the company.

Oracle WebCenter is the best when it comes to delivering technical support. I think that, in general, Oracle is the best company for supporting its products and solutions.

We started using the product on the cloud but a lot of the product's features were not accessible that way, so we switched to on-premises. We switched to gain full access to the product's features. That was important to us.

The setup is really very complex. I bought the Oracle solution for learning and used it with an Oracle partner to solve the problem in implementation. Deployment took about three months. So it was complex to start up, but it provides excellent services.

In the first installation, I used an Oracle partner to help deploy one server. That was a great help. For the other servers, we deployed them ourselves without assistance.

What other advice do I have?

I love the solution. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product absolutely as a ten.