Oracle WebCenter Review

Supports diverse group of documents and integrates well with other products

What is our primary use case?

This solution is a document management system that is supported on a light business process management platform.

What is most valuable?

The content supports phots, sites, and everything.

There are no issues at all in terms of documents, which can be used for anything related to purchasing processes or implementing processes.

This is not just a document management system. It also includes a workflow process engine, business process management, and automation for business cases.

Oracle integrates well with other products to cover Big Data. This includes a component that can be used for artificial intelligence and business analytics. You can connect with a full suite for whatever is needed to manage a business.

What needs improvement?

This solution needs to support translation into the Arabic language. It is needed for the forms, as well as the tabs in the software itself.

This is a reliable solution that depends on the Oracle database, which is a very well known and very trusted database around the world. It is considered to be the best database when compared to Microsoft SQL, IBM Db2, or Sybase HANA.

The underlying infrastructure is very durable.

This platform is very scalable.

The price of this solution is considered to be high; however, when speaking with Oracle, it is possible to get discounts of up to sixty percent. Other providers will never give a discount for more than twenty percent, so, in this case, Oracle gets much cheaper.

When you begin speaking with Oracle and you discuss purchasing this solution, they will offer discounts that make it cheaper than other products such as OpenText Documentum, or EverSuite ECM.

What other advice do I have?

Every day, Oracle is acquiring new products or developing them with their own research and development team. Definitely, there is much development going on.

My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is to first be sure about the product that they need. The second thing is to be sure about the roadmap that they want behind this product. Next, I suggest going with the best practices offered by Oracle because they are very well experienced in this field, and they offer it to help cut implementation time.

I think that people should definitely go with cloud-based solutions such as Oracle Fusion or the Oracle cloud machines. This gives a company all of its applications and required software on the cloud, but at the same time, it is on-premises.

Overall, this is a very good solution and other than the support for the Arabic translation, I cannot think of additional features that I would like at the moment. That said, nothing is perfect.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.