Oracle WebCenter Review

A stable solution that's extremely scalable and has good technical support

What is most valuable?

The product is a standard document management solution, so there are no special features to point to.

It's a very scalable solution and the performance is pretty good. The scalability, in my opinion, is the biggest advantage.

What needs improvement?

There are many document management systems that offer pretty much the same functionalities but at a lower price. The product as such is pretty good. However, the pricing is not comparable. They need to adjust their pricing to be more competitive on the market.

I've been using the solution for 12 years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is extremely scalable.

Technical support has been pretty good. We're satisfied with it.

The initial setup is complex. Since Oracle has re-written their solution in order to place it on their public server, the setup itself has grown more complex. This is necessary, however, the change has required more steps in order to set up the product as well more steps in order to make it perform, and there's more things to manually set up.

The pricing is very high. You can get a similar solution for free. If you compare it and other products side by side, you would not buy Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice I would give to others considering implementing the solution, I'd say if they have the Oracle stack, they should use the solution. If they have other technology stacks, I would search for solutions that offer a better price.

The solution works great. Feature-wise, it's a very complete solution.

I'd rate the solution overall eight out of ten, but if I was just rating it for price, I would rate it at about four or five out of ten, simply because I find it so expensive.