Oracle WebLogic Server Review

Performs well and has good integration with security features, but we're having trouble with stability

What is our primary use case?

We are a software solution provider and I am a Java software developer. When I deploy my work, I use an application server like Oracle WebLogic.

We have not deployed this product for our own use, but rather for a client. It is being used as a SOAP solution for a backend service for a BASE24-eps ACI product.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the performance.

It has good integration with security features, including OWASP.

What needs improvement?

We have had some problems with cluster solutions when working with a WebLogic domain. It may be because the error codes and error information is poor.

In the future, I would like to see better support for the REST interface.

I have been working with Oracle WebLogic for about three years.

We're having trouble with the stability of this solution.

In our country, we have had trouble with scalability because the DPS is lower.

Our client is a large company, but the market as a whole is small.

The Oracle team is not a good provider when it comes to supporting. They do not have good knowledge of the technical aspects, so Google is better.

The documentation is really good. The community is also good, although the documentation is better.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is not complex.

The deployment takes approximately two weeks at the client's site, on-premises. The total time it takes for implementation is perhaps three months.

In our country, this is an expensive product.

My client is moving from Oracle to a Red Hat solution. The main driver is that it is open-source.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

12c
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More Oracle WebLogic Server reviews from users
...who compared it with JBoss
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Red Hat, Apache and others in Application Server. Updated: June 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.