Outreach Review

Provides greater visibility into the number of touches it takes to generate a real opportunity as well as overall visibility to seller activity

What is our primary use case?

We use Outreach as our sales automation platform to enable sellers to be more efficient and effective in their outreach to prospects. We integrate into Salesforce, DiscoverOrg, and SalesNavigator. We use it for two teams in the US and several different teams across the UK and EMEA, about 48 actual sellers and seven managers/admins. We have one Salesforce administrator who works out the kinks between Salesforce and Outreach, we also have a marketing person who works to build content including snippets, templates, and sequences. She is also responsible for training users.

How has it helped my organization?

It's allowed us greater visibility into the number of touches it takes to generate a real opportunity as well as overall visibility to seller activity. We are getting better data on what messaging works when reaching out to prospects. We can align around standard messaging for sellers and view their communications as well as what steps/tasks they are avoiding to support coaching activities. I also believe it's giving sellers more discipline and allows them to have more actual selling time. By creating snippets with links to content, sellers spend less time hunting down content to respond to customer requests.

What is most valuable?

I like the connection to Sales Navigator to support social selling efforts as well as the Outreach Everywhere plugin. Both of these facilitate easy communication with prospects. The Sales Navigator connection makes it easy to identify the right contact in SN, save them to a list in SN for interaction with at later dates. The Outreach Everywhere Chrome plugin makes it easy to see what's happening with a contact in SF. Snippets are also really effective in reducing the time sellers spend hunting for content. They can easily respond to a customer's request with links to content the marketing organization builds for them.

What needs improvement?

Reporting at the 20,000 foot level needs to be improved. I want to be able to see how many emails are opened twice vs three times vs four times. I'd love to see a roll-up report on cloned sequences; or sequences that have the same email subject lines. I'd like to be able to compare results across cloned sequences and then aggregate the results. If I want to get to that then I need to export to Power BI and frankly for what we spend that should be built-in. I can't delete SmartViews from some locked users, which is just annoying.

What other advice do I have?