OutSystems Review

Streamlines development, allows us to focus on logic and business requirements

What is our primary use case?

Customer track and trace. We get information from SAP which is updated later by carriers (via EDI). The user interface is built in OutSystems.

How has it helped my organization?

Development timeframe and deliveries on sprints. Customers can check the progress on a weekly basis and provide adjustments and comments right away.

What is most valuable?

Agile development. I love that you save a lot of time on development and can focus on logic and business requirements.

What needs improvement?

Mobile apps need improvement.

More than five years.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Technical support is a 10 out of 10.

We did not have a previous solution. We started the department using OutSystems with the goal of creating applications for our internal customers (departments and warehouse customers) to help their main businesses.

Setup was straightforward. I was not there at that time, but I know that it was very smooth. The developer at the time was trained by OutSystems and this helped with the first applications.

It is still very expensive, so small companies can’t generally afford it. We hope that this changes. Still, the time saving on development and delivery is worth the value.

What other advice do I have?

Agile development is really worth it. Depending on the size of your department – and requirements – you don’t need a big development team. The same developer can take care of all steps: analysis, development, implementation, support.

More OutSystems reviews from users