PagerDuty Review

I like that it causes fast reaction times when responding to a set alert.

Valuable Features

We email in, and Pager Duty finds the person on-call, alerts and escalates.

Improvements to My Organization

Faster reaction times to respond to a set alert that we have designed to be classed as a Wake Up call.

Room for Improvement

They need to sort out the date / time function when the time zones switch over from Normal to Daylight savings, and vise versa.

NOT all countries swap at the same time, thus everything is off by 1 hour until everyone is back in the correct zone.

I did make them aware of this, but they simply did not understand, and after a week everything auto corrected when everyone was back in the correct zone.

Use of Solution

5 years.

We very rarely encounter issues where an SMS is about to be received before the application push notification (connection to the internet did not fail on devices.)

Not currently.

8/10

Back in the day, it was very simple. Other added in functions started to make it odd, but overall for what we use it for is it still straightforward.

Implementation Team

I set it up and the systems simply emails the alert in, and it does its magic as per the rota.

ROI

I suspect it has paid for itself.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Keep it simple. For the pooled users and what is allowed, we have yet to go over the allocated pool for the month.

Other Advice

For a corporate tool – it acts as a 3rd party for a simple wake up tool. Absolutely recommend it. Escalation policies can be set up so that the alert should get someone’s attention, and all from a simple email being sent out. I like it.