PagerDuty Review

It has increased the availability of networks to users and therefore decreased operational costs​.

What is most valuable?

• Automated scheduling
  • Escalation
  • Text to voice

How has it helped my organization?

It has increased the availability of networks to users and therefore decreased operational costs.

What needs improvement?

It always needs more integrated applications, especially if you are not a software developer. It's mostly geared towards application providers.

I've used it for four years.

There were no technical issues. It just integrates and works.

Up-time is pretty good. They send out an email if there was an outage and don't try to hide it. There was a hacking incident as well last year, but they handled it.

If implemented correctly there won't be any issues. Our set-up mimics the departments of the company and therefore grows with it.

It's pretty good. Never had an issue with response times.

I've never required any, it just works.

We previously just used emails and text messages. We required voice-based phone calls and scheduling for alarming of outages.

It was straightforward. In basic terms, if you send PagerDuty an email, it will call you and read it to you. And if you use PagerDuty, so will your toaster.

It was done in-house. It was easily adopted by internal processes.

Having an automated system to get the right person out of bed when required is priceless. The first time you know about an issue before your customer does it paid for itself.

It's per user per month. Just sign up people that are required and not every manager just because. It can get expensive.

Other text to voice products were evaluated but the combination of features is what stands out.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try. It's simple and easy. Use the apps, they are great and fun.

More PagerDuty reviews from users