PagerDuty Review

​Whenever we have a server that goes down we get notified immediately which helps out our clients and all the developers.

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

Whenever we have a server that goes down, we get notified immediately which helps out our clients and all the developers, so we know when we have to log on to bring it back up.

How has it helped my organization?

We never found out about the problems with the server unless we had the developers that would call us up saying, "Server's down. Bring it back up." Now we get the phone calls. If we don't answer a text message or an email right away, they'll even call our house phone, the computer will, and tell us the server is down and what server it is. It's helped out a great deal because then we can bring it up right away and then figure out what the problem is after we bring it up.

What needs improvement?

It handles everything that we do now so if I can avoid the 2 AM phone calls that would be perfect but I know that's not possible. Other than that, nothing else.

It's very stable. We don't have any issues with it.

It is meeting our needs because we have followed between 1,500 - 2,000 servers, so it does meet our needs that we can actually maintain them and make sure everything is up and running.

We've never had a problem with the technical support. We have one person in our office who mainly does a lot of the setting up of it and anytime she has a problem, she can call them and they handle the problem.

We were mainly relying on the clients and stuff telling us when something went down or if we happened to catch it. There really wasn't a solid tool that we were using before.

It wasn't that difficult to set everything up. It's pretty straightforward. You put in the servers, the names, who are the people we're contacting.

We have to look at other vendors. Yes, we did look at other vendors. I don't know which ones they were but they did stay with PagerDuty.

What other advice do I have?

I'd probably give it a 9/10. You just have to be prepared for the early morning calls, but it does give you three ways to be notified. You don't have to worry about being missed. It will take one and go to the next and go to the next and the last one, of course, is it will call up not only your cell phone but your home phone. Good and bad but it does handle what you need it to do.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: does it handle all the needs? If it handles everything that we need it, the price is something but it's more that it actually does the job that we need it to do.

More PagerDuty reviews from users